This is a picture if a skein winder. It has many names to it. I received this from the lady who I'm making the Day Dress for as part of the payment. I am very blessed to have gotten such a neat item.
The term Pop Goes the Weasel refers to the pop that the gears make after 40 turns. Supposedly there were 40 verse that goes to the song for the students to say as they wound the yarn. There are a few different versions from what I've gathered.
Now I just need a spinning wheel 🙂 .
You may notice my shop to the right is a little different. I am trying out Artfire instead of Etsy to see if I get more business. I haven’t been doing as well since Etsy made it’s changes. My girls really wanted to start putting things on to sale.
I finished my second loom project which turned into 3rd and 4th project as well. I miscalculated the amount of warp I’d need and was able to get two scarfs and a finger towel out of it. Actually the finger towel will have to be something else because I remembered Bamboo is a wicking material, not absorbing.
Well things are just not going the way I had hoped. My bar soap covers did not work out. Back to the drawing board on that one. I thought about just a mitten and you can drop the soap in it when done.
The liquid soap didn’t turn out so well either. I will try again using MoSoap‘s lye soap. The others are just too oily. Maybe the little that’s in lye will be just the right touch of oil.
The weaving over all is going well. I had a little mishap when I tried loosening the part already woven to count my 6″ thread markers. When I rewound it, it pulled in the thread string from shuttle messing up several rows. After I fixed it and got it wound, I had trouble keeping it from pulling in at the sides. I redid about 6″. Well it’s my first project, and not for me colors, so I’m not to heart broken.
My biscornu turned out great! I’m just waiting for a bead from In Mom’s Eyes .
I made a bag for my neice from Tone Finnanger of Tilda. I’ll post pics after I get the flower on.